When Thunderbolt first emerged as the next great interface, not many thought it would catch on despite the throughput. Now five years after its birth into the market Thunderbolt now in its third generation has teamed up with USB 3.1. In the last five years, we have seen plenty of Thunderbolt storage come and go. Devices from LaCie, WD, and Drobo ring a bell, and while all of those are solid appliances in their own right, none have had the level of features as the A16T2-Share from Accusys.
The A16T2-Share in its own right it more than just a Thunderbolt DAS and while it can function as one, it can also function as the world's first Thunderbolt SAN. While many of past reviews on Thunderbolt devices have centered on connecting a single PC or Mac, the Accusys unit supports four Thunderbolt 2 host ports. When equipped with 8TB drives, this solution with its 16 bays can support 128TB of capacity with performance upwards of 2100 MB/s.
With all of the above said, the Accusys unit is no small storage solution. Coming in a 3U rackmount enclosure, this solution weighs in at a solid 50 Lbs., and coupled with its dimensions of 22 x 17 x 5 makes for a substantial bit of kit. As mentioned previously, this solution uses a Thunderbolt 2 host interface with four host ports available. Internally, the disk interface has been SAS equipped with support for SATA drives and with that sixteen bays are available. RAID levels include 0, 1, 5, 6 and 0+1 and are backed by the LSI SAS3108 controller with 2GB of DDR3 cache.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz