While every enthusiast focuses on something they love such as overclocking or gaming, one thing is constant; everyone wants the best cooling. While users can always improve cooling on their major components (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.), it is hard to improve motherboard cooling. Most motherboard manufacturers don't have an active product line dedicated to cooling and hardcore durability, but ASUS does; TUF.
When the SABERTOOTH line launched years ago, many were a bit skeptical about what such a product would offer over mainstream offerings, so ASUS has added and removed features over product generations to try and tune the SABERTOOTH line. They say practice makes perfect, so let's see what ASUS has in store for us with the SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1.
The SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 has most features one might expect from a premium Z170 motherboard. Dual NICs (Intel and Realtek), USB 3.1, 6x USB 3.0, 8x SATA 6Gb/s, a single M.2 connector (but it comes with a Hyper M.2 card as well), 3-way CrossFireX, and 2-way SLI capability.
The SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 is $269.99 on Amazon at the time of writing.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $270 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £214 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution