While every enthusiast focuses on something they love such as overclocking or gaming, one thing is constant; everyone wants the best cooling. While users can always improve cooling on their major components (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc.), it is hard to improve motherboard cooling. Most motherboard manufacturers don't have an active product line dedicated to cooling and hardcore durability, but ASUS does; TUF.
When the SABERTOOTH line launched years ago, many were a bit skeptical about what such a product would offer over mainstream offerings, so ASUS has added and removed features over product generations to try and tune the SABERTOOTH line. They say practice makes perfect, so let's see what ASUS has in store for us with the SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1.
The SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 has most features one might expect from a premium Z170 motherboard. Dual NICs (Intel and Realtek), USB 3.1, 6x USB 3.0, 8x SATA 6Gb/s, a single M.2 connector (but it comes with a Hyper M.2 card as well), 3-way CrossFireX, and 2-way SLI capability.
The SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 is $269.99 on Amazon at the time of writing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]