As the summary hints, this product is priced high and packed to the rafters with features, options, speakers, leather, LEDs and more.
We've tested some great headsets recently including the well-priced Plantronics GameCom 788 and the high-performer Kingston HyperX Cloud II - this headset almost adds up to be worth both of these combined, so lets see how it performs. As a gamer who generally likes his products simple, I'm coming into this headset review with an open mind as I know ROCCAT is capable of making some great products.
Offering you analog 5.1 surround-sound through the use of multiple drivers located within each ear cup, the KAVE XTD 5.1 gives you a 'true' surround-sound experience. The speakers are claimed to be positioned at a 12 degree angle for optimum sound and the center/front/read drivers provide a frequency response of 20 ~ 20,000 Hz with a maximum SPL at 1kHz equalling 115+-3dB. The drivers are neodymium in structure and have an impedance of 32 Ohms.
The vibration driver comes in at 20~100 Hz as a 30mm driver and is powered through the supplied 3m cable which is long enough for anyone. The rubber arm microphone is detachable and has a tip-LED indicating when it's muted through the in-line control unit. This control unit can be clipped onto clothing, hung free or clipped onto the provided stand.
The in-line control unit has sound controls for each speaker respectively, a microphone mute, an overall sound option and the ability to switch between music and game modes. The end of the cable splits up into various 3.5mm connections for the sound plus a USB 2.0 in order to power the beast. It's also worth noting that the headset weighs in at a respectable 335 grams.
Pricing & Availability
The ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 is priced at $149.99 with free shipping from Amazon, sitting it in the premium gaming headset price spectrum as it costs more than products like the Kingston HyperX Cloud II and around the same as the ASTRO A40 without the Mixamp Pro bundle.
What's in the box?
Although highly priced, there's a fairly simple package. There's the product itself, a detachable microphone, a few very handy ties to keep cables together, and the microphone up when travelling and the in-line control unit stand. But no carry pouch!
It's almost mandatory in my eyes that peripherals of today come with a carry pouch. There's nothing more handy than being able to easily store your precious gaming weapons when travelling to a LAN party, attending a gaming event or simply visiting a friend's house. The leather ear cups do not seem easily replaceable and there is no cloth options provided in the box or on the website for replacement if you're that way inclined.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Analog Headset for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Analog Headset retails for $149.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Farming Simulator 20 begins harvesting the Nintendo Switch in Q4 2019
- Google's next 'Nest Mini' speaker is a 'substantial' upgrade all round
- Age of Empires IV news slipped, fans advised to watch XO19 for info
- Eminem's publisher to sue Spotify for BILLIONS of unpaid music streams
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC pack: Terminator T-800, Joker + 4 more fighters
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems