Intel isn't new to the ultra-small Mini-PC game; they have been extremely successful in the past with their NUC lineup. Today I take a look at one of Intel's latest NUCs, it features the brand new Broadwell micro-architecture which brings the promise of high performance coupled with low power usage.
The Intel Core i5-5250U packs 2 cores/4 threads with a 2.7GHz turbo clock speed all at a cool 15W TDP. The NUC lineup is known for packing in as many features as possible into a tiny little box that can be affixed to the back of a television or sit casually on top of your desk.
Without further ado, let me introduce you to Intel's NUC5i5RYK.
This latest NUC is capable of supporting some of the latest and greatest technologies including Intel's new Wireless-AC 7265 M.2 controller which also supports the latest WiDi and Bluetooth technologies.
As far as video goes, the new NUC supports both mini-HDMI 1.4a and mini-DisplayPort 1.2 powered by Intel's new HD6000 graphics core. This mini-PC carries specifications comparable to a full-tower desktop machine, which is exactly the point of such a compact machine. Intel plans to give the majority of users what they need out of a desktop experience without a large box sitting at their feet.
At $376-400, the NUC5i5RYK isn't a cheap product. It also needs DDR3L, an M.2 drive for storage, and an OS. With those added on, the price tag can shoot upwards of $650.
We tested the NUC with two types of M.2 SSDs; one mainstream 360GB unit from Intel and a 256GB high-performance module from Samsung.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Next Unit of Computing Core i5-5250U 7.1 USB 3.0 BOXNUC5I5RYK for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- AMD's new Radeon 18.9.2 drivers improve Fortnite, more games
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance