Intel isn't new to the ultra-small Mini-PC game; they have been extremely successful in the past with their NUC lineup. Today I take a look at one of Intel's latest NUCs, it features the brand new Broadwell micro-architecture which brings the promise of high performance coupled with low power usage.
The Intel Core i5-5250U packs 2 cores/4 threads with a 2.7GHz turbo clock speed all at a cool 15W TDP. The NUC lineup is known for packing in as many features as possible into a tiny little box that can be affixed to the back of a television or sit casually on top of your desk.
Without further ado, let me introduce you to Intel's NUC5i5RYK.
This latest NUC is capable of supporting some of the latest and greatest technologies including Intel's new Wireless-AC 7265 M.2 controller which also supports the latest WiDi and Bluetooth technologies.
As far as video goes, the new NUC supports both mini-HDMI 1.4a and mini-DisplayPort 1.2 powered by Intel's new HD6000 graphics core. This mini-PC carries specifications comparable to a full-tower desktop machine, which is exactly the point of such a compact machine. Intel plans to give the majority of users what they need out of a desktop experience without a large box sitting at their feet.
At $376-400, the NUC5i5RYK isn't a cheap product. It also needs DDR3L, an M.2 drive for storage, and an OS. With those added on, the price tag can shoot upwards of $650.
We tested the NUC with two types of M.2 SSDs; one mainstream 360GB unit from Intel and a 256GB high-performance module from Samsung.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Next Unit of Computing Core i5-5250U 7.1 USB 3.0 BOXNUC5I5RYK for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit