Earlier, we looked at Lenovo's entry-level workstation, the ThinkStation P300 tower workstation that offered both performance and serviceability.
Next in line for mainstream workstations, Lenovo enters with its new ThinkStation P500 Tower Workstation. The P500 comes equipped with the latest Haswell-E socket 2011-E support for more demanding applications, and the ability to use considerably more memory, more capable processors, and powerful graphics options.
Let's get to unboxing, and have a good look at the new P500 from Lenovo.
Like other Lenovo products we have received, we find the shipping box to be well padded with large foam inserts to protect the workstation. There are two accessory inserts, these contain the power cord, mouse, and documentation, and there is a keyboard on the side of the box.
Here we get a look at the supplied keyboard and mouse that comes with the P500. These are the same keyboard and mouse that came with the P300 we reviewed earlier, the Lenovo USB Slim Keyboard ((New F5) Win8.1 English), and the Lenovo USB Optical Wheel Mouse. We used these in our tests, and found them to be functional, and work very well. Nothing fancy here, but they work just fine.
Our review sample did not come with software disks, but we assume retail products will. These are the disks that come with the P300, and allow for upgrading to Windows 8.1, and included recovery disks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Bundled Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench 5.1.3 and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V