In the lab today, we have the third barebones kit from ASUS to test out. This time it is an RS520-E8-RS8 server kit.
As we have said before, barebones kits offer a great way to get your systems up and running fast. There's no need to hunt down all the components you need and figure out what will work and what will not. Some of the features to look for when purchasing these kits are accessory load out, heat sinks, rail kits and other items are a big plus as it saves on costs and time trying to find compatible components.
In the case of the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 barebones server kit, all you need to consider is what CPUs, how much RAM and what drives you want to use. Let us get started unpacking and setting up the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Server Barebones kit.
We find ASUS shipping boxes to be some of the strongest we have seen in the lab, constructed of very heavy-duty cardboard and large foam inserts to protect the contents inside. Across the middle of the package, we find the rail kit in slotted knockouts.
After removing the rail kit, top foam inserts, and the server itself, we get a look at the bottom of the shipping package. Down the middle of the box, there is an accessory box, and over on the right hand side, there are two white boxes, which hold the passive heat sinks.
The server comes with two passive heat sinks and here we get a look at one of them. These are standard heat sinks and should provide plenty of cooling for the CPUs.
Here we get a look at the accessories that comes with the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Server. It has everything you will need to get the workstation up and running. Two power cords are provided for the dual redundant power supplies, a PSU knock out box in case you only want to run one power supply and a bag of screws for hard drive caddies.
The rail kit that comes with the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Server are just like the ones we showed here RS300-E8-RS4. They are simple to install and allow the server to be installed or removed with ease.
The supplied DVD's provide drivers and manuals for the server:
- S579 - ASWM Enterprise SDVD Durian Edition Rev 8.0
- S580 - ASMB8 Support DVD Rev 4.0
- S581 - C61x Server Support DVD Rev 10.5
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard