In the lab today, we have the third barebones kit from ASUS to test out. This time it is an RS520-E8-RS8 server kit.
As we have said before, barebones kits offer a great way to get your systems up and running fast. There's no need to hunt down all the components you need and figure out what will work and what will not. Some of the features to look for when purchasing these kits are accessory load out, heat sinks, rail kits and other items are a big plus as it saves on costs and time trying to find compatible components.
In the case of the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 barebones server kit, all you need to consider is what CPUs, how much RAM and what drives you want to use. Let us get started unpacking and setting up the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Server Barebones kit.
We find ASUS shipping boxes to be some of the strongest we have seen in the lab, constructed of very heavy-duty cardboard and large foam inserts to protect the contents inside. Across the middle of the package, we find the rail kit in slotted knockouts.
After removing the rail kit, top foam inserts, and the server itself, we get a look at the bottom of the shipping package. Down the middle of the box, there is an accessory box, and over on the right hand side, there are two white boxes, which hold the passive heat sinks.
The server comes with two passive heat sinks and here we get a look at one of them. These are standard heat sinks and should provide plenty of cooling for the CPUs.
Here we get a look at the accessories that comes with the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Server. It has everything you will need to get the workstation up and running. Two power cords are provided for the dual redundant power supplies, a PSU knock out box in case you only want to run one power supply and a bag of screws for hard drive caddies.
The rail kit that comes with the ASUS RS520-E8-RS8 Server are just like the ones we showed here RS300-E8-RS4. They are simple to install and allow the server to be installed or removed with ease.
The supplied DVD's provide drivers and manuals for the server:
- S579 - ASWM Enterprise SDVD Durian Edition Rev 8.0
- S580 - ASMB8 Support DVD Rev 4.0
- S581 - C61x Server Support DVD Rev 10.5
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve working on codename Citadal, is this Half-Life 3?!
- MSI launching 8 different custom Radeon RX 5700 series cards
- Cats movie trailer: the worst looking movie EVER?!
- ASRock unveils custom Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger series
- Cyberpunk 2077 world: dynamic weather system with ACID RAIN
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Need advice re X570 Pro WiFi and PCIe SSD
- Need advice on which PCIe slot to use
- ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro NVMe SSD Review
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer