Just last month, we got our first taste of the latest in wireless router technology when the ASUS RT-87U made its way through the lab. While these AC2400 routers are capable of tremendous wireless throughput, the lack of client adapters will certainly stunt the adoption rate. Today, with the launch of the latest solution from Linksys, we now have each of the top three vendors with an AC2400 solution in the market.
The Linksys E8350 is the latest product to come from the labs at Linksys. This wireless router supports 600Mbps over the 2.4GHz band, and 1.73Gbps over the 5GHz band, supported via four external antennas. Wired connectivity is issued via four-gigabit LAN ports, and a single gigabit WAN port found on the rear of the unit.
A dual-core 1.4GHz processor powers the E8350, along with 512MB of DRAM, and 128MB of flash memory. Additionally, as with most routers these days, the E8350 deploys a single USB 3.0 port, along with a combo eSATA USB 2.0 port for storage.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Adding to the specifications we mentioned above, the E8350 supports FAT32, NTFS, and HSF+ for external storage. Additionally, this solution supports the latest IPV6 standard, along with added VPN support via IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP.
Minimum system requirements include a Wi-Fi enabled PC running, at the least, Windows XP SP3, or a OS X based system running 10.6.1+.
MSRP of the Linksys E8350 wireless router is listed at $249.99, with a one-year warranty. Availability of the router is quite high at this point in time, with nearly every retailer having stock.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys E8350 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Linksys E8350 retails for $249.99 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!