Test System Setup and Overclocking
As we mentioned in our review of the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, we have upgraded our testbed in a few areas. The main two are the move to an 8GB kit of 2933MHz DDR memory from Corsair and the reference GTX 780 Ti from NVIDIA. Because of this, we've had to start from scratch with all our results, so it will take a little time before we have a large list of boards in our graphs like we did previously.
With that said, though, we've got three boards in our graphs today. Alongside our ASRock Z97 Extreme4, we've got the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 we just looked at and the ASRock Z87 Killer, which is, of course, based on the previous generation Z87 chipset. As always, though, we're going to be benching the board we're using today at both stock and overclocked speeds.
Looking above, you can see we ended up with our CPU Multiplier running at 48x and a slightly elevated BCLK to 101. This results in a final clock speed of 4846.99MHz, or 4.85GHz, as illustrated in our graphs today. This isn't the best overclock, and the ASUS offering managed to get roughly 100MHz more. But, we'll talk about all that when we get to the end and wrap everything up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit