Test System Setup and Overclocking
As we mentioned in our review of the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, we have upgraded our testbed in a few areas. The main two are the move to an 8GB kit of 2933MHz DDR memory from Corsair and the reference GTX 780 Ti from NVIDIA. Because of this, we've had to start from scratch with all our results, so it will take a little time before we have a large list of boards in our graphs like we did previously.
With that said, though, we've got three boards in our graphs today. Alongside our ASRock Z97 Extreme4, we've got the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 we just looked at and the ASRock Z87 Killer, which is, of course, based on the previous generation Z87 chipset. As always, though, we're going to be benching the board we're using today at both stock and overclocked speeds.
Looking above, you can see we ended up with our CPU Multiplier running at 48x and a slightly elevated BCLK to 101. This results in a final clock speed of 4846.99MHz, or 4.85GHz, as illustrated in our graphs today. This isn't the best overclock, and the ASUS offering managed to get roughly 100MHz more. But, we'll talk about all that when we get to the end and wrap everything up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Buy:iPhone X www.BizFests.com Apple "30Pieces" 256GB $31,470
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard