GIGABYTE, like most of the top-tier motherboard manufacturers, has just a massive line up of motherboards that use mainstream chipsets like the Z87. Recently, we've had a chance to look at a couple of different boards, and they've all managed to stand out for different reasons. If you're looking for something that focuses more on the overclocking side of things, while still offering just a ton of features, then the impressive Z87X-OC Force is an attractive option.
If the Z87X-OC Force is all a little bit too much, the Z87X-UD5TH, which features a slick color scheme and Thunderbolt, is another option that looks good. If your main focus is gaming, though, and you'd prefer to see features that improve both audio and networking, then the gamer designed G1.Sniper Z87 is awesome, thanks to its Killer Networking and AMP-UP audio technology.
Today, we're going to be looking at the Z87X-UD4H. As the name suggests, it comes in below the UD5TH in terms of the Ultra Durable series, and the lack of TH means that it doesn't carry Thunderbolt. The removal of a few features means that the price tag also comes down. Priced at under the $200 mark, the Z87X-UD4H could be quite the option for people who are looking for something that is not going to break the bank account. Of course, before we find out if it's something that we'd really recommend, we need to take a closer look at just what's on offer.
So, let's start with the package and move forward from there.
Taking a look at the box, we don't really see anything too out of the ordinary when it comes to the overall design. You can see the brand and model on the front and some of the main features that related to Ultra Durable 5 Plus, which includes Ultra Cool, Ultra Performance, Ultra Safe, and Ultra USB 3+.
Turning the box over, you can see we go into more detail in regards to some of the major features, including Durable Black Solid Caps, All IR Digital Power Design, Gaming Headphone Amplifier, UEFI DualBIOS, and a couple of other features like Quick Buttons, SATA3, and more, which we'll take a closer look at on the next page.
Moving inside the box, you can see there's not a whole lot to the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H package, with the standard paperwork and Driver CD being present alongside four SATA 3 cables, a single SLI connector, and our standard I/O panel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit