GIGABYTE, like most of the top-tier motherboard manufacturers, has just a massive line up of motherboards that use mainstream chipsets like the Z87. Recently, we've had a chance to look at a couple of different boards, and they've all managed to stand out for different reasons. If you're looking for something that focuses more on the overclocking side of things, while still offering just a ton of features, then the impressive Z87X-OC Force is an attractive option.
If the Z87X-OC Force is all a little bit too much, the Z87X-UD5TH, which features a slick color scheme and Thunderbolt, is another option that looks good. If your main focus is gaming, though, and you'd prefer to see features that improve both audio and networking, then the gamer designed G1.Sniper Z87 is awesome, thanks to its Killer Networking and AMP-UP audio technology.
Today, we're going to be looking at the Z87X-UD4H. As the name suggests, it comes in below the UD5TH in terms of the Ultra Durable series, and the lack of TH means that it doesn't carry Thunderbolt. The removal of a few features means that the price tag also comes down. Priced at under the $200 mark, the Z87X-UD4H could be quite the option for people who are looking for something that is not going to break the bank account. Of course, before we find out if it's something that we'd really recommend, we need to take a closer look at just what's on offer.
So, let's start with the package and move forward from there.
Taking a look at the box, we don't really see anything too out of the ordinary when it comes to the overall design. You can see the brand and model on the front and some of the main features that related to Ultra Durable 5 Plus, which includes Ultra Cool, Ultra Performance, Ultra Safe, and Ultra USB 3+.
Turning the box over, you can see we go into more detail in regards to some of the major features, including Durable Black Solid Caps, All IR Digital Power Design, Gaming Headphone Amplifier, UEFI DualBIOS, and a couple of other features like Quick Buttons, SATA3, and more, which we'll take a closer look at on the next page.
Moving inside the box, you can see there's not a whole lot to the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H package, with the standard paperwork and Driver CD being present alongside four SATA 3 cables, a single SLI connector, and our standard I/O panel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Kerbal Space Program 2 isn't Epic Store exclusive, won't be monetized
- PS5 devkit won't be final design, devkits always look quite different
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best