The other day we got a chance to look at one of the highest end GIGABYTE motherboard offerings for the Z87 platform. The GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force packs just an absolute bucketload of features and extras; there's no denying that if you're looking for a high-end option, it's something that you should be seriously looking at.
If that's all a bit too much for you though, we might have just what you're looking for with the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5TH. Part of the UD5 series, the "TH" addition to the name of course means the addition of Thunderbolt. We'll of course cover that all in a bit more detail later on.
There's really not a whole lot more that needs to be said here. We've already got ourselves a good grasp on the Z87 chipset, and of course we're extremely familiar with GIGABYTE. So, let's just get stuck into the package, and see just what's being offered to us here today.
Starting off with the box, you can see it has a fairly standard design on the front. You can see the brand and model clearly, along with some of the main features being highlighted. In this case we've got Thunderbolt, Wireless and Bluetooth 4.0 support, USB 3.0, Dual BIOS, Ultra Performance, and Ultra Cool technology brought via Ultra Durable 5 Plus.
As we turn the box over, we get a lot more detail on just what it is exactly we're dealing with. We won't go into too much detail, as a lot of it will be covered when we look at the boards on the next page. You can see that we do get an expanded look at what Ultra Durable 5 Plus brings, with durable black solid caps, 15u gold-plated CPU socket, all IR digital power design, and new heat sink design, along with a number of other features.
Diving into the package, you can see the normal paperwork, with a User Manual and Installation Guidebook being offered alongside a pair of CDs. One of the CDs is the standard Intel 8 series one, while the other offers the software for the wireless card. We'll take a closer look at that in a moment. On the cable front, you can see we've got six SATA cables, alongside a single SLI bridge and I/O plate.
Alongside all of the standard features, you can see that GIGABYTE has included an antenna for the wireless card, which is located on the board. Along with this, we've also got a front case header offering two USB 3.0 ports to round things off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro: $12.41, Office 2016 Pro: $28.10
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- New Battlefield V gameplay shows destructive WW2 chaos
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada