ASRock have actually come to the party a little later than we'd normally expect with the launch of the new X79 chipset from Intel. Usually being one of the first companies to have a mass of boards come our way, they instead started to trickle in a little after launch.
Just absolutely powering through the motherboards we have on offer today, we're going to look at the first of the three ASRock boards that we have currently sitting around us. Outside of the Extreme4 that we'll be looking at today, we also have the awesome looking Micro-ATX X79 Extreme4-M and the new ultra high end board from the company - the X79 Extreme9.
Today is all about the $234.99 US X79 Extreme4 and isn't just the cheapest X79 board we've looked at, but it's actually one of the cheapest X79 motherboards currently on the market period. What's that mean, though? Are we missing out on things we need when compared to some of the ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI boards we've looked at? Maybe performance isn't as strong?
We'll find that out and more soon, but the first thing we need to do is get stuck into the package to see exactly what ASRock is offering inside the X79 Extreme4 box. Once that's done, we move onto the motherboard itself which will then of course lead us into the BIOS side of things.
From there we'll check out our testbed, have a look at the overclocking potential on the board and finally just see what kind of performance we're able to get out of this cheaper X79 option before we wrap everything up.
Well, that really covers everything we need to tell you for now, so with all that said and done, let's head into the package to see what's going on with the X79 Extreme4 bundle today.
Looking at the box, there's nothing we haven't really seen before with that typical ASRock box design. The front gives us the model and the normal line-up of logos while the back gives us a run down on some of the exclusive ASRock features alongside the main layout and features that are on the motherboard.
Looking at the bundle, it's not a massive one which comes as no surprise since we're dealing with the X79 Extreme4 and not one of the higher Extreme7 or Extreme9 models. We've got the normal line-up of paperwork, driver CD, four SATA cables, a three way and two way SLI bridge along with a typical I/O backplate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series