We can split hairs all day over the hardware, but the real standout feature is the software Thecus has put together for their enterprise NAS servers. Here you will find everything under the sun including the kitchen sink and if you don't like how it's configured from the factory, you can quickly and more importantly easily make changes. Our sample arrived fresh from the factory and was all business. The modules normally found installed on the consumer and SMB models were not installed, leaving the full processing power of the D525 ready to serve up the tasks we chose.
Thecus already has a large list of modules ready to be installed easily to bring up additional functionality, but the third-party developers have used their knowledge to make some very impressive add-ons as well. The factory modules can easily be found in the Download Center on Thecus' website and third-party modules are generally found in the Thecus Forums.
Thecus' firmware is now up to version 5 and the interface is very slick with its new AJAX overlay. Just about any change can be made within five clicks of the mouse, including previously difficult and time consuming tasks like building user groups. The new firmware and interface has streamlined difficult tasks, making it so office managers are able to make changes without the need of a dedicated IT department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Thecus N8200XXX]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stan Lee, Marvel Comics super-star dies at age 95
- PUBG player base falls under 1 million concurrent on Steam
- Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'
- QNAP launches QNA series Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE adapter
- Alibaba shopping festival: $1 billion sales in 85 SECONDS!
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch