Over the last couple of years we have watched the growth of the HTPC (Home Theater PC) market bloom. As PCs become more powerful and smaller, consumers are finding new ways to attach one of these to their TVs. We have even reviewed a couple of seemingly ready-made solutions for this type of setup. But with a PC attached to your living room TV, how do you bridge the gap between TV and video only to a fully functional device?
Not that long ago we told you about GlideTV. This company which was founded and run by Scott Vouri (formerly from NVIDIA) who wants to offer a product that combines the power of a PC (or MAC) and the family TV. This is a product that comes in two parts. The first is a new software that uses Java (for platform independence) to create an easy to use user interface for navigation through different media services.
The other half of this is a remote multi-function touchpad that makes using the GlideTV software significantly easier to use. This part of the duo is called the Navigator and can be found online for around $69.99. We take a look at both of these and see how they fare in a small environment as well as in a typical home entertainment room. So let's turn on the TV and get down to some testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series