Over the last couple of years we have watched the growth of the HTPC (Home Theater PC) market bloom. As PCs become more powerful and smaller, consumers are finding new ways to attach one of these to their TVs. We have even reviewed a couple of seemingly ready-made solutions for this type of setup. But with a PC attached to your living room TV, how do you bridge the gap between TV and video only to a fully functional device?
Not that long ago we told you about GlideTV. This company which was founded and run by Scott Vouri (formerly from NVIDIA) who wants to offer a product that combines the power of a PC (or MAC) and the family TV. This is a product that comes in two parts. The first is a new software that uses Java (for platform independence) to create an easy to use user interface for navigation through different media services.
The other half of this is a remote multi-function touchpad that makes using the GlideTV software significantly easier to use. This part of the duo is called the Navigator and can be found online for around $69.99. We take a look at both of these and see how they fare in a small environment as well as in a typical home entertainment room. So let's turn on the TV and get down to some testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz