If you have seen Iron Man 2, you remember the scene where Tony Stark commandeers the televisions at the Senate hearing with his futuristic smartphone.
Well folks, that is actually possible today. With Actiontec's ScreenBeam Mini2 featuring Intel's WiDi (wireless display) technology, you can transmit HD video and even audio to any device with an HDMI port.
Here's our full review of Actiontec's ScreenBeam Mini2. Let's get started.
With WiDi v3.5, Intel introduced Miracast support, which basically uses direct Wi-Fi signals to communicate between devices, this added compatibility with a much larger pool of devices including many smartphones.
The ScreenBeam Mini2 supports v3.5+ including both Miracast and WiDi standards and comes in a small compact package akin to dongle. It is powered through a microUSB port and connects to any device through HDMI.
The packaging is solid and displays all the product highlights. The ScreenBeam Mini2 is a receiver, so you will need a transmitter such as a notebook with WiDi or a phone with Miracast.
The package comes with everything you might need including a long micro USB cable with AC adapter for power and a small HDMI extension cable for hard to reach HDMI ports.
PRICING: You can find the Screenbeam Mini 2 Wireless Display Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Screenbeam Mini 2 Wireless Display Adapter retails for $39.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard