Normally we would not cover something like the TK-IP101; it is more of an enterprise class product. However, I recently ran into a situation where I needed to run a reinstall of a system and was not able to be directly in front of it for the duration of the install. Remote desktop would not work as there was no OS; I could not run a monitor and keyboard out to where I was, so in the end I had to run back and forth between locations which caused both projects to take much longer than needed. I started looking for a solution. I found it in the TRENDNet TK-IP101 IP KVM.
The TK-IP101 is an IP accessible KVM that serves multiple functions; it allows for console access to any system connected directly to it and can also connect to standard KVMs to allow it to control multiple systems. Access is secured by SSL certificates (including the ability to import Certificates from outside) and user authentication.
With its ability to show the full console over a LAN or even WAN connection, the TK-IP101 looks like a great device for the enthusiast on the go and when coupled with a 4-port KVM (the TK-423K) it only adds to its usage. TRENDNet was kind enough to provide us with both the TK-IP101 and a TK-423K for our testing, allowing us to show you the full range of features. Let's see if we can pull these products out of the enterprise segment and get them to work for the enthusiast.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Paradox and Jon Shafer 'part ways' after just 6 months
- COLORFUL introduce new Plus Series SSD range
- CoolerMaster release the MasterKeys MK750 gaming keyboard
- Russia send gunslinging robot to pilot spacecraft into orbit
- Intel CPUs have serious bug: vulnerable to remote attacks
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ