Over the last year or so we have shown you pieces of networking hardware that normally reside in the realm of the enterprise network; items like 24 port rack mounted switches, smart switches and of course Power over Ethernet devices. With each of these we have talked about the technology behind them and how this technology is slowly working its way into the home network environment.
Today we have another of these devices. This time it is a much smaller product, but no less advanced. It is the NETGEAR GS110TP 8-port POE Gigabit ProSafe Switch. This device has a full 8 ports that can supply up to a total of 46 Watts nominal power. But the GS110TP is more than just a power source; it is also a layer 2 managed switch with a very functional webUI for management and configuration. You can also setup and manage some very advanced switching and QoS (Quality of Service) options for VoIP (Voice over IP) data and much more. You also get the option to connect the GS110TP to a fiber backbone by using one of two SFP ports (fiber modules are extra).
The list of features is quite impressive on paper and the $274.99 price at NewEgg.com adds to its appeal to the corporate or small business. So let's take a look at the GS110TP and see how it fits into our enterprise network in the lab and also see if it can fit into the home network as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure