Over the last year or so we have shown you pieces of networking hardware that normally reside in the realm of the enterprise network; items like 24 port rack mounted switches, smart switches and of course Power over Ethernet devices. With each of these we have talked about the technology behind them and how this technology is slowly working its way into the home network environment.
Today we have another of these devices. This time it is a much smaller product, but no less advanced. It is the NETGEAR GS110TP 8-port POE Gigabit ProSafe Switch. This device has a full 8 ports that can supply up to a total of 46 Watts nominal power. But the GS110TP is more than just a power source; it is also a layer 2 managed switch with a very functional webUI for management and configuration. You can also setup and manage some very advanced switching and QoS (Quality of Service) options for VoIP (Voice over IP) data and much more. You also get the option to connect the GS110TP to a fiber backbone by using one of two SFP ports (fiber modules are extra).
The list of features is quite impressive on paper and the $274.99 price at NewEgg.com adds to its appeal to the corporate or small business. So let's take a look at the GS110TP and see how it fits into our enterprise network in the lab and also see if it can fit into the home network as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare can redeem Anthem, Star Citizen creator says
- RAGE 2 looks like a Ubisoft game, and it needs multiplayer
- Hideo Kojima could use streaming to meld gaming and movies
- Mortal Kombat 11's crazy grind incentivizes mtx spending
- Why consoles are so important to big publishers
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!