Intel will have its new 12th Gen Core "Alder Lake" CPUs and 600-series motherboards launching in October or November 2021, just weeks away really -- and now we have some news on the ASUS Z690 motherboards in various forms.
ASUS will have a plethora of Z690 motherboards for you to choose from, with the choice between DDR5 + DDR4 RAM for some of the models. It all starts with the flagship ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme motherboard, which also includes the FORMULA, HERO, and APEX motherboards as well -- all of them will have DDR5, and only DDR5.
There are 3 x ROG STRIX Z690 motherboards, a TUF GAMING Z690 board, and a heap of PRIME Z690 motherboards that will have varying levels of technology, features, and sizes. In the middle of the ASUS Z690 avalanche of motherboards we have the ProART Z690-CREATOR 10G motherboard which sounds like a "content creator" motherboard that'll have 10GbE LAN and I'm sure a butt-load of I/O connectivity.
- Read more: ASUS Z690 + ROG Maximus XIV mobos teased for Intel Alder Lake CPUs
- Read more: Intel Core i9-12900K + ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E spotted in the wild
- Read more: Intel's next-gen Alder Lake architecture: everything you need to know
The ROG STRIX Z690 motherboards are using DDR4 RAM, so too are the TUF GAMING and PRIME models. There are a few PRIME Z690 motherboards that will offer DDR5 support, with the split nearly down the middle in terms of PRIME Z690 boards with DDR5 or DDR4 RAM support.
- > NEXT STORY: Activision face Unfair Labor Practices charge on alleged union busting
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Call of Duty 2022 rumored as sequel to Modern Warfare, Project Cortez