AMD is still cooking up its next-gen Zen 4 architecture, with new rumors teasing that new Ryzen CPUs of the future powered by the Zen 4 CPU architecture will all have integrated GPUs.
The new Zen 4-based Ryzen CPU series should arrive as the Ryzen 7000 series family of processors from AMD and will arrive on the new AM5 socket that we've been hearing much more about lately. The new rumor is coming from Chips and Cheese, which reports three types of AM5 processors that all have integrated GPUs included.
This is a big departure from AMD having integrated graphics on its Ryzen G-series processors, with all of the new Zen 4-powered CPUs having an integrated GPU. The site notes that the document above says "Some OPNs... may not support GFX" which would mean AMD would gimp or disable the integrated GPU, but the chip itself would ship with an integrated GPU.
- Read more: Here's our best look yet at AMD's next-gen AM5 socket for Zen 4 CPUs
- Read more: AMD's next-gen RDNA 3 + Zen 4 architectures both launching in Q4 2022
- Read more: AMD's next-gen Zen 4 desktop CPUs will offer 16 cores max
- Read more: AMD Zen 4: next-gen CPUs with 128 cores, 256 threads + 12-channel DDR5
We've heard about these chips before under the codename of AMD Raphael, which packed RDNA 2-powered Navi 2X graphics. The new AMD Ryzen 7000 series CPUs will be made on the new 5nm node from TSMC, and should also offer DisplayPort 2.0 for some of these CPUs and motherboards.
- Read more: AMD Ryzen 7000 'Raphael' CPU: Zen 4 cores + Navi2 GPU on 5nm
- Read more: DisplayPort 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 converters coming: the first DP 2.0 device
DisplayPort 2.0 (DP 2.0) will enable up to 4K 240Hz and 8K 120Hz which is a gigantic upgrade over the 4K 120/144Hz and 8K 60Hz offered by the new HDMI 2.1 standard.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor (AMD Ryzen 9 5900X)
- > NEXT STORY: Macabre Witch Queen Savathun questions truth in new Destiny 2 teaser
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut review bombed over $70 controversy