It's that time of the month again, AMD have just rolled out the latest installment of their Catalyst driver suite, 7.7. These are available for Windows XP, Vista x86, Vista x64 and also some not so common operating systems.
Looking over the release notes, there appears to be some nice performance gains for Radeon HD 2x00 series cards in both single and Crossfire arrangements.
Support for 12X and 24X antialiasing modes has been added for the Radeon HD 2600 and 2900 cards, and there is also mention of some new Avivo features and adjustments, not to mention a bunch of bug fixes for various popular gaming titles.
Catalyst 7.7 releases a number of new Avivo features and enhancements which optimize video playback and display configuration. These include :-
* Enhanced video color pages with two new color controls1: flesh tone correction and color vibrance
* Enhanced video quality pages with easier to use deinterlacing controls and layout
* Simplified Theater Mode2 controls, layout and now supporting Windows Vista
* Enhanced quick settings for video controls (available through the basic layout in Catalyst Control Center)
* Easy to use display scaling controls2 when outputting to display devices that support TV timings (480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p) through either digital (DVI or HDMI) or analog (component) interfaces
Last updated: Jun 16, 2020 at 04:29 pm CDT