EA and Crytek are just hours away from unveiling Crysis Remastered in all its glory, but new leaked screenshots aren't really doing the game any favors.
The screenshots are from the Microsoft Store, so maybe they're for the Xbox One version of the game. It actually doesn't look good at all, and has that 'console gloss' as I like to call it, sprayed all over it. I'm expecting a much bigger graphical upgrade from the PC version of Crysis Remastered over the original Crysis.
But just check out these screenshots, they have to be from the Xbox version of the game.
Want to know more about Crysis Remastered? Check out everything you need to know about Crysis Remastered right here.
Crysis Remastered Features
- HD/4K textures
- Screen Space Direction Occlusion (SSDO)
- Voxel-based global illumination (SVOGI)
- High-end volumetric fog/lighting effects and reflections
- Software-based ray-tracing in CryEngine 5.6
- Motion blur
- Parallax occlusion mapping
- New particle effects
- Enhanced depth of field
More on Crysis Remastered
The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around - now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.
- Suit up: Your Nanosuit's speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges - including a zero-g battlefield- require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
What You Need To Know
- Where can you watch the Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal? You can do that here, with more information on EA and Crytek's official gameplay trailer for the game... that should hopefully be in 4K.
- When does Crysis Remastered come out? (Update: it has been delayed by "a few weeks". Read more on that disappointing news here. We're expecting it to drop on July 23, 2020 -- but EA and Crytek will confirm that during the Crysis Remastered gameplay trailer reveal event. I'll update this part once we have 100% confirmation.
- How much will it cost? Hopefully it's not very expensive, and less than $30. Once again, I'll update this once we have confirmation on how much Crysis Remastered costs.
- What will I need to run it? We can expect minimum and recommended PC requirements for Crysis Remastered in the next 24 hours or so. I'll update this bit when we know what we need to run it -- but if you want to run everything dialed up to maximum, then you're going to need some monstrous PC hardware power.
- Does it have ray tracing? Yes it does, and that's something we'll have more details about soon.
- Do I need to play the original Crysis? Nope, this is a remaster -- it's the original Crysis, but with radically improved graphics, and technology. There are tweaks, but the fundamental game and foundation of Crysis is there. Maximum Awesome.
- Check out this Crysis Remastered gameplay trailer before it's removed
- Crysis Remastered runs at 4K on Xbox One X, download size is just 7GB
- Here's where you can watch the Crysis Remastered gameplay reveal
- Crysis Remastered leaks: gameplay reveal on July 1, full game July 23
- This Crysis mod has re-textured 8K rocks and ground textures, and more
- Crysis Remastered announced: PC version has ray tracing
- Crysis remaster teased on Twitter: 'Hey Nomad, you're still with us?'
Crysis Remastered Reveal Video
Crysis Remastered Official Gameplay Trailer Premiere
- > NEXT STORY: Maximum sigh: Crytek delays Crysis Remastered hours before its reveal
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Death Stranding should have NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 tech when it launches