A new interview with a CD Projekt employee has revealed some details regarding Cyberpunk 2077's storyline and what players can expect from it.
The interview was conducted by Polskie Radio with CD Projekt RED's, Pawel Sasko. Sasko is the mission designer for Cyberpunk 2077 and while he didn't reveal any gameplay details, he did reveal some aspects of the games storyline. According to Sasko, Cyberpunk 2077 will give players a movie-like experience and tell a story that is prodominately targetted at an adult audience as it contains adult themes.
Some of these themes will be what people experience in their everyday lives, and some of them will be difficult for some players to face as they will be quite touchy. Sasko says that Cyberpunk 2077 won't shy away from difficult subjects and instead give the player a different perspective to view these subjects from. Judging by what Sasko is saying, Cyberpunk 2077 will really make players question their morals as difficult themes and scenarios require difficult decisions.
Sasko also revealed some further details about Johnny Silverhand, Keanu Reeves' character and thanks to DSOgaming we have some dot points below:
- Four styles they have presented after the e3: entropism, kitsch, neomilitarism and neokitch will influence how Night City looks like in general, not only affecting the clothing but also the architecture of different parts of the city.
- Their goal is to tell a movie-like story for adult audience, touching subjects that we face in our times. He specifies that their games are not toys and are not for children, he says in todays culture we try to avoid difficult subjects, but they will not shy away from these, in fact, he says, the game is loaded with them - they want people to think for themselves and it will be up to us to decide what our morality is. He then continues - the game will allow you to look at things from different perspectives so knowing them it will rarely be a black and white situation we find ourselves in, the goal is to keep the player on the edge of his seat by telling a breathtaking story.
- V's main goal is to break free from NC's shackles and find himself a better life, and finding the immortality chip is closely connected to this goal, which makes Johnny the key to the main plot and your relationship with him that you will build over time will shape the game's ending - his precise words, I translated everything so that there won't be any additional meanings created or lost in the translation, everything is as he said."
- >> NEXT STORY: A black hole the size of our entire solar system discovered
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Tesla vehicle EXPLODES after crashing on Russian highway