ASRock has just added another motherboard into its HEDT line up, with its first X399-based motherboard in its Phantom Gaming range. The new ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 motherboard is similar to ASRock's current X399 FATAL1TY, with some wicked styling and packed with features.
The new board takes a helluva lot of RAM with 8 x DDR4 DIMMs that see the ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6 motherboard supporting up to 128GB of DDR4 at up to 3400MHz with specific DDR4 kits.
It supports 3-way SLI (2-way Turing) and 3-way CrossFire, if you want to go down the multi-GPU route with a Ryzen Threadripper CPU. There's a bunch of USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1, dual gigabit Ethernet, RGBs, and more.
The full specs on ASRock X399 Phantom Gaming 6:
- Supports AMD TR4 Socket Ryzen Threadripper Series CPUs
- Digital PWM, 8 Power Phase & Dr. MOS
- Supports DDR4 3400+(OC)
- 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, M.2 Key-E for Wi-Fi
- NVIDIA 3-Way SLI, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 5
- 8 SATA3, 3 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C),
- 12 USB 3.1 Gen1 (4 Front, 8 Rear)
- Phantom Gaming 2.5G LAN, Intel Gigabit LAN
- Polychrome RGB SYNC