Last week, we heard about the numerous problems that the Fallout 76 beta was facing, some of the problems were so bad that they were even game breaking for some players. Now, Bethesda has dropped a 30GB update a day before the games next beta session.
This patch is massive in comparison to the games total file size. Fallout 76 beta weighs in at only 47GB, the patch that is being released has clearly not been compressed as much as it could have been, and has been pushed out so players that jump onto the beta tomorrow will have a much better experience within the game despite the download. It seems that Bethesda are truly under the pump for the launch of Fallout 76, with the games launch only a couple weeks away and the developer ushering out massive updates like this, only shows that the title may not necessarily be ready for launch.
Moving onto the patch notes now, we have the standard stability improvements that Bethesda have said are "significant" across the board, performance improvements and fixes for the hitching that was present during gameplay. Other changes include; enemy balancing, crafting requirement changes, quest changes, bug fixes for both graphical errors and enemies, and much more. If you want to check out the full patch notes for Fallout 76, visit the official Fallout 76 patch notes post here. Fallout 76 is planned for release on November 14th for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received significant stability improvements.
Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.
Many mid and high-level enemies have received additional balance adjustments. Some notable changes include:
- Scorched: Health and Damage Resistance have been increased for mid- and high-level Scorched.
- Super Mutants: Health and Damage Resistance have been slightly decreased for mid- and high-level Super Mutants.
- Melee Damage: Melee damage has been increased across many mid- and high-level enemies, particularly Mirelurks and Mirelurk Hunters.
Camp, workshops, and crafting:
- Crafting: Material requirements to craft Throwing Knives and Tomahawks have been increased. Additionally, Throwing Knives and Tomahawks can no longer be sold to vendors.
- Event Quests: The time required to restart a previously completed Event Quest has been increased from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.
Art and graphics:
- Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to stop playing animations and instead enter a default "T-Pose".
- Graphics: Fixed an issue that could cause artifacting to display on the character's hands and weapons while inside the Whitespring and playing in first-person.
- Water: Water no longer flickers or flashes white in building interiors.
- Workshops: Powered objects placed at Workshops will now correctly play animations and sound effects.
- Voice Chat: Selecting "Play with Team" from the Main Menu no longer causes voice chat to stop functioning for non-leader teammates.
Camp, workshops, and crafting:
- Workshops: Successfully defending a Workshop no longer awards more Aid items than intended.
- I Am Become Death: Launching a Nuke will now complete the "I Am Become Death" Quest for all teammates.
- Rewards: Completing the "First Contact" and "Thirst Thing's First" quests no longer award more Aid items than intended.
- Languages: Improvements have been made to better support text display across several languages, including: Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- Languages: Blueprints now accept names that utilize Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese characters.
- Languages: Running Fallout 76 with language options set to Traditional or Simplified Chinese no longer causes the game to launch in English.
- Login [PC]: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from logging into Fallout 76 on PC.
- Resolution [PC]: Adjusting Windows Display Scaling settings no longer causes the game to launch in lower or higher resolutions than expected.
- Map: Map markers no longer disappear when attempting to respawn after dying while overencumbered and possessing no Caps.
- Settings [PC]: The Lighting Quality setting can now correctly be changed to High.
- Social: Players will no longer encounter a "Failed to reconnect to team." error message at the Main Menu screen.
- Social: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from seeing one another in the Social Menu after adding each other as friends.
- Trading: Attempting to trade with a player who is entering Power Armor no longer causes the game client to become unresponsive.
- > NEXT STORY: Metroid + 2 NES games added to Switch Online, November 14th
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Warframe's 2nd open-world 'Fortuna' update comes this week