Carbine Studios, the developer behind the PC MMO Steam title WildStar has officially announced when its game will be closing its doors. On November 28th the title will be switched off.
In a post to the Steam Community it has been detailed what Carbine Studios will be doing before they shutdown there game. The developers mention that they will be honoring the players that have been apart of the WildStar community by refunding all recent purchases. They will also be adding a "final update" to the game.
It seems from the blog post that Carbine Studios really wants to send their game off well for the remainder of their community. Much respect is deserved to the developers for giving a solid roadmap to their playerbase, it also seems from what is planned that there will be a bunch of fun had leading to the closure of the title. Below I have provided the roadmap for WildStar players, if you are interested in reading the official Steam post, visit that here.
Refunding Recent Purchases
- All real money purchases have been disabled on the website and in-game store.
- Refunds for the purchases will be processed by October 3, 2018.
- Real money purchases (including Protobucks, C.R.E.D.D., and Signature) made since July 1, 2018 will be refunded, and we will also process refunds for prepaid Signature Memberships that still have time remaining past September 26, 2018.
- C.R.E.D.D. that remains unused and where the account holder has been active within the last 90 days will have their C.R.E.D.D. converted into equivalent NCoin for each unit.
- C.R.E.D.D. that has been used to redeem Signature and where remaining active days extends beyond September 26, 2018 will be reimbursed in NCoin for each day remaining on a prorated basis.
- Steam purchases have been disabled, and all purchases made on or after July 1, 2018 will be reimbursed in full.
- Steam users who made purchases through Steam using funds from their Steam Wallet will have the funds returned to their Wallet.
- Steam users who used other payment methods will be issued refunds to their original payment method.
- If there are any issues, please contact the Steam Support team.
If you have any questions regarding refunds, or if your qualifying recent purchase was made with a non-refundable payment method, please read through our Sunset FAQ[support.wildstar-online.com] before contacting Customer Support[support.wildstar-online.com].
The final update to the game was released today, which introduced a few changes aimed at ensuring you can enjoy everything WildStar has to offer.
- Any Protobucks you have will be converted to Omnibits at a 1:1 conversion.
- Omnibit drops are being increased.
- The Omnibit cap has been raised substantially.
- All in-game store items will be purchasable with Omnibits.
- All seasonal store items and rotating costumes/mounts will be available on the store.
- All Signature Station items will be available on the regular store.
- Everyone will receive Signature status.
- Gear drops from Prime instances and raids have had their base ilevel increased higher than they normally would be.
- Primal Essence gain rates are being substantially increased.
- Select endgame reputations can be maxed out, letting you access everything the faction vendors have to offer.
- And more!
Be sure to check out the full game update notes[forums.wildstar-online.com] for what changes to expect.
The seasonal in-game events are some of our favorite content, and we know you agree, so we'll be increasing the rotational speed of the planet Nexus (not really) to fast forward and ensure you can enjoy your favorites one last time.
September 26-November 28
Double XP, Glory Days, Power Prestige and PvP, and Blessing of Essence will be on from now until shutdown.
Residential Renovation[www.wildstar-online.com], with the Battle Chase reward set available during this occurrence.
October 19-November 2
Jack Shade is back to fright and delight in Shade's Eve[www.wildstar-online.com].
Protostar's Gala Winterfest Extravaganza[www.wildstar-online.com] is back for one, last, shopping frenzy.
Take to the skies (or at least a foot off the ground) in the zPrix Invitational[www.wildstar-online.com]!
Join us in-game for the final few hours as we have some fun. More details to come!
- >> NEXT STORY: Fallout 76 beta comes to Xbox One a week early
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Dragon Ball FighterZ free content update: new stage/rankings
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de