TweakTown

NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%

VR isn't just for the 1%, it's for the 7.8% of Radeon users while NVIDIA dominates with 92% of gamers using GeForce for VR gaming.

@anthony256
Anthony Garreffa
Published Tue, Mar 20 2018 6:20 PM CDT   |   Updated Tue, Jun 16 2020 4:29 PM CDT

AMD had a great marketing campaign that was right in the middle of the US elections and politically driven around VR, where AMD said that "VR isn't just for the 1%" as they were launching the Radeon RX 480.

NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8% 05 | TweakTown.com
VIEW GALLERY - 2 IMAGES

Fast forward to now, and we have the latest Hardware Report released by Oculus for their Rift VR headset, something that helps developers optimize, prioritize, and give a guideline for business and development decisions. The data was created from hardware running Oculus software in the last 28 days, where it shows utter Intel and NVIDIA dominance.

NVIDIA utterly dominates VR gaming with 92.2% of Oculus Rift users gaming in VR with a GeForce GTX graphics card of some sort, with the GTX 1070 leading with 19.4%, the GTX 1080 behind it with 17.3% and the older GTX 970 with 10.5%. AMD is left in NVIDIA's dust with only 7.8% of Oculus Rift users powered by Radeon, with 2% of Rift users using the RX 480, while 1.4% use the RX 580.

NEWS SOURCE:wccftech.com

Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Related Tags

Newsletter Subscription

Latest News

View More News

Latest Reviews

View More Reviews

Latest Articles

View More Articles