While we are still waiting for the release of the Model 3, Elon Musk has teased the next electric car from Tesla - Model Y.
Tesla's CEO didn't reveal anything about the car other that it will come in few years, but what's interesting here is the name of the car.
Tesla first introduced the Model S, followed by Model X, and the latest Model 3, which was, according to Musk, was supposed to be named Model E.
"Model 3 was going to be called Model E, for obvious dumb humor reasons, but Ford sued to block it, so now it is S3X. Totally different :)", said Musk.
With the Model Y, Tesla's lineup would spell out "S3XY".
Musk recently started an infrastructure and tunneling company named Boring company, and SpaceX's Dragon spacecraft is named after the 1963 song "Puff, the Magic Dragon" by Peter, Paul, and Mary, reportedly as a response to critics who considered his spaceflight projects impossible.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:21 am CDT
- SpaceX and Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk is 'cash poor'
- Elon Musk called a British diver 'pedo-guy', now faces slander lawsuit
- Elon Musk wins $190 million lawsuit over his 'pedo guy' tweet
- Elon Musk says 5G isn't 'medically dangerous' it's just 'land greedy'
- Elon Musk on life being a video game: graphics are great, DLC is $$$$
- > NEXT STORY: Android co-founder teases his upcoming smartphone
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet