I've been too busy playing Battlefield 1 on my PC to write much about it, but EA DICE have released the v1.02 patch for the game, which includes a bunch of UI-related fixes, as well as some issues with the War Story objectives, and more.
The new v1.02 update fixes various graphical issues and artifacts, with temporal anti-aliasing now the default AA method used on the Medium graphics preset. We've recently tested Battlefield 1 on the AMD Radeon RX 480 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 to find that the RX 480 is 30% faster than the GTX 1060 at 1080p with DX12 enabled, check it out here.
The full notes on the v1.02 patch for Battlefield 1:
- Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
- Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing "The Insider" Dog Tag.
- Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
- PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
- Xbox One: Fix for the "Trench Raider" Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.
- Fixed two issues in the "Through Mud and Blood" War Story where no new objectives would appear.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
- Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.
- Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
- Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
- PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
- PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:05 am CDT
- Battlefield V content carries through 2020, may get next-gen updates
- Battlefield V: War in the Pacific includes old school Wake Island map
- Battlefield 6 to 'blow people's minds' on next-gen consoles
- Modern Warfare gets 68GB update with season 2 and battle royale?
- EA desperate for Battlefield V players, 3 free weekends starts Oct 10
- > NEXT STORY: Google working on standalone mixed reality headset
- < PREVIOUS STORY: 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode