E3 2016 - It's all-out WW1 chaos in Battlefield 1's first-ever 64-player multiplayer sessions, showing what to expect when the game hits in October.
Like previous Battlefield games before it, DICE's new WW1-themed Battlefield 1 will sport absolutely crazy 64-player combat. In the 32-on-32 player match we'll see epic Great War battles re-created in real-time, with hulking tanks smashing over infantry and behemoth zeppelins getting blown to smithereens by rocket launchers. This time around DICE has added in even more immersion to the fray with dynamic weather sequences and even more destructible environments, plus we also have a huge arsenal of authentic weapons, gadgets, biological warfare, and much, more more.
Celebs like Zac Efron, Wiz Khalifa, Snoop Dogg, and Jamie Foxx will lead the two teams alongside major YouTubers, so expect just hilarious and eye-opening in-your-face action. The 64-player action might be included in DICE's upcoming open Battlefield 1 beta this summer.
EA also showed off a new Battlefield 1 gameplay trailer at their E3 2016 showcase, and check below for a massive list of everything we know about the game so far.
- Battlefield 1 will feature world-breaking 64-player PVP multiplayer, along with new weapons, maps and more
- EA confirms Battlefield 1 will have 'micro-monetization' options
- Server browser confirmed for Battlefield 1
- Battlefield 1's campaign will 'delve into the unknowns of WW1'
- Battlefield 1 'rooted in history', not based on alternate WW1 timeline
- Battlefield 1 confirmed digital only on PC, but not everywhere
- Battlefield 1 campaign might only have six missions
- The WW1 shooter has Bad Company 2-style destruction, no auto-aim, and dedicated vehicle classes
- DICE's WW1 shooter is coming first to Xbox One and PC via Origin Access
- Battlefield 1 will have an open beta, and here's how to sign-up
- Pre-orders on Origin and Xbox LIVE are 10% off, grant early access to DLC and $80 Early Enlister Edition grants 3 days early access