E3 2016 - DICE showed off a brand new explosive gameplay trailer for Battlefield 1 at E3, delivering even more authentic Great War carnage with aerial combat, insane firefights, and dynamic weather that ensures no battle is ever the same.
The latest Battlefield 1 footage showcases the game's incredibly dynamic warscapes, with ultra-destructible environments and brutal explosions there's this distinct feeling of danger at every turn. What's more is the trailer shows everything without HUDs, giving an increasingly loose feel that mirrors the technics of the times--no auto-aim or aim-assist will be included in this game. Just your wits, luck, and skill as you take on some of the most epic battles in World War I history. Oh, you'll even be able to reign down explosive chaos in the skies atop a zeppelin.
"In Battlefield 1, we engage in some of the biggest battles you've ever seen, with multiplayer matches with up to 64 players. Through the power of Frostbite, intuitive destruction, dynamic weather, and a variety of weapons makes this the most immersive Battlefield game ever. In Battlefield 1, destruction is more intuitive than ever, this creates unlimited gameplay possibilities to impact the world around you," said DICE's Patrick Bach.
Bach goes on to explain exactly how "no battle will ever be the same," citing major immersion improvements like dynamic weather and hulking new "behemoth" vehicles like zeppelins in the air, tanks on the ground, and warships at sea. "Weather will change unpredictably, and you will need to adjust your tactics based on the weather conditions. So playing in rain and heavy fog will impact what you see and hear, so you have to adapt your playstyle," Bach continued.
"And finally, most notable is the introduction of the behemoths. The Great War gave birth to some of the largest vehicles ever made, and Battlefield 1 gives you the chance to control these beasts. Take the battle to your enemies in an airship, an armored train, or a warship that offers war on land, sea and air."
EA plans to launch an open beta for Battlefield 1 later this summer, but you'll want to sign up as a Battlefield Insider to get early access.
Battlefield 1 releases on October 28, 2016 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Check below for a massive list of everything we know about the game so far.
- Battlefield 1 will feature world-breaking 64-player PVP multiplayer, along with new weapons, maps and more
- EA confirms Battlefield 1 will have 'micro-monetization' options
- Server browser confirmed for Battlefield 1
- Battlefield 1's campaign will 'delve into the unknowns of WW1'
- Battlefield 1 'rooted in history', not based on alternate WW1 timeline
- Battlefield 1 confirmed digital only on PC, but not everywhere
- Battlefield 1 campaign might only have six missions
- The WW1 shooter has Bad Company 2-style destruction, no auto-aim, and dedicated vehicle classes
- DICE's WW1 shooter is coming first to Xbox One and PC via Origin Access
- Battlefield 1 will have an open beta, and here's how to sign-up
- Pre-orders on Origin and Xbox LIVE are 10% off, grant early access to DLC and $80 Early Enlister Edition grants 3 days early access
- >> NEXT STORY: New Battlefield 1 64-player multiplayer livestream is all-out war
- << PREVIOUS STORY: EA shows new Mass Effect Andromeda footage, no release date revealed
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de