AMD has just unleashed a new set of Radeon Software Crimson Edition drivers, with the new 16.6.1 set of drivers including some optimizations for both Mirror's Edge Catalyst and Paragon. Not only that, but we have a new CrossFire driver for Dark Souls 3, too. You can download the new RSCE 16.6.1 drivers here.
As for the release notes, here's what to expect from Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.1:
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst™
New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- Dark Souls III™
- Display flickering or corruption may be experienced when playing videos in a web browser.
- DiRT Rally™ may experience poor performance on some tracks with rainy/night scenes.
- The HDMI® display scaling options in Radeon Settings may be missing when the display is set to an interlaced resolution.
- The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
- Fallout™ 4 may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode for some game textures.
- Flickering on Oculus Rift™ headsets may be experienced when multiple displays are connected with differing resolutions.
- Radeon Settings additional settings page may fail to open after performing a Windows Update and then installing the latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Battlefield™ 4 may experience crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
- Doom™ some game levels may experience shimmering textures.
- The Division™ may hang when using Quad AMD Crossfire™ technology. As a workaround users are recommended to disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
- Radeon Settings gaming profile options for Uplay applications may not take effect.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
- Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
- On some AMD XConnect™ technology external GPU enclosures, a TDR may be observed when the dGPU is set to primary display and the laptop display is set to extended display with video playback.
- > NEXT STORY: Battlefield 1's leaked concept art is beyond amazing
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Watch Dogs 2 world premiere trailer will debut on June 8