Now that Rise of the Tomb Raider has reached the PC, the latest patch for the game has dropped and includes some fixes for critical issues like startup problems, and more.
The patch improves support for SLI users with NVIDIA GeForce video cards, with the SLI glitches with water/snow effects fixed. There's improved HBAO+ quality, and a "variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode". The full list, we have below:
Startup issues (Steam Only):
- Fixed C++ runtime error showing up on startup preventing some users from running the game.
- Provided work-around for issue where the VC++ redist would not properly get installed, stopping the game from starting at all.
- Solved problem where the game would crash on startup when tools like Bins Taskbar organizer or Spacedesk are installed.
- Updated options screen with among other things:
- Independent mouse sensitivity control for aim and regular navigation.
- Mouse and Gamepad X axis inversion
- Option to disable keyboard button prompts.
- Option to disable mouse smoothing (very light mouse smoothing is present otherwise)
Other fixes included in this patch:
- A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
- New graphics option 'Specular Reflection Quality' to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
- New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from 'Screen Effects'.
- Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance.
- (Steam only)Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects.
- (Steam only) Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
- Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled.
- (Steam Only) Improvements to Razer Chroma effects.
- (Steam Only) Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
- Fixed mouse cursor not always being hidden when using gamepad.
- Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
- Fixes for Endurance leaderboards.
- Fixed Remnant Resistance missions occasionally not starting.
- Fixed rendering glitches on some objects on NVIDIA 6×0 and 7×0 hardware.
- Some issue do still happen and we are working with NVIDIA to resolve those in future patches or drivers.
- Warning messages for users turning textures to Very High or enabling SSAA to indicate high-end hardware is required
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
- > NEXT STORY: Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Fable Legends will use foliage physics to increase visual fidelity