Even more records are being broken now. Garry's Mod, the highly addictive physics sandbox has sold over 10 million copies since it debuted as a standalone game in November of 2006, breaking that mark just over the New Year holiday.
And who would have thought that such a modification could have become what has today? What was once a simple free mod that let you play with the assets in Half-Life has turned into a massively entertaining game in it's own right. According to Garry Newman, the creator of this fine addition, 4 million copies were sold just last year alone.
And it's likely not going to stop there as more and more fans are created due to the weird and wacky creations that you can find all over YouTube. What the future holds for Garry Newman and if he has plans to expand his masterpiece into more franchises would be delightful, but unknown. I'm sure there's plenty of nostalgia from gamers of all ages with his mod. Anyone have any creations they'd like to share?
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:57 pm CDT
- Pokemon Sword and Shield sold 16 million copies in one month
- Pokemon boycott didn't work, Sword and Shield sell 6 million copies
- Stardew Valley is a massive success with 10 million copies sold
- Take-Two earnings slip 25%, but microtransactions and digital are up
- Jedi: Fallen Order sold twice as many launch copies as Battlefront II
- > NEXT STORY: Scalebound has been delayed until 2017, need time to perfect things
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Nintendo NX going to offer different experience than Wii U