The NIX Pro from Nix Sensor is the first full-featured portable color sensor, designed to be a smartphone accessory. The Bluetooth device is able to scan surfaces to quickly obtain a color reading, similar to the Adobe PhotoShop eyedropper tools.
The device is able to save captured colors in a unique library, colors can be shared among users, and should prove much more accurate than other color measurement methods. NIX Sensor says the NIX Pro is able to block out ambient light and use a custom broad spectrum LED light source - all the while with a product just a bit larger than a ping-pong ball.
"Every color measurement solution in the consumer market today is difficult to transport, inaccurate, and costs tens of thousands of dollars," said Matthew Sheridan, founder and CEO of Nix Sensor. "The NIX Pro is the first color sensor that is accurate, portable, and affordable - it's the PhotoShop eyedropper in real life."
The NIX Pro is scheduled to ship starting in March 2015, with a $299 MSRP.
Last updated: Mar 1, 2015 at 12:00 am CST
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- Goal Zero's new Yeti X battery: perfect for the Australian fires
- > NEXT STORY: Schwarzenegger will be back for 'Terminator 6'
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Report: Invisible wearables to be an $80 billion industry by 2020