Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst with KGI Securities has come out and said that Google will unveil a next-generation Nexus 7 tablet at Google I/O next week. The analyst also reveals some potential, and quite surprising specs on the device.
The Nexus 7 will still reportedly be made by ASUS, and will feature:
- 7-inch LTPS display with 1920x1200 (WUXGA) resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, quad-core (the same processor in the Nexus 4)
- 5-megapixel camera on the back
- HD front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with Qi wireless charging
- Android 4.3 - Jelly Bean
The best bit that we have here is the price - just $199. If Google can achieve this price, it'll completely kill the iPad mini in virtually all aspects.
- > NEXT STORY: We should expect Google Play Games to be announced at Google I/O
- < PREVIOUS STORY: DICE announces that DDoS attack continues on BF3 infrastructure despite security measures