We're a bit in love with Google Glass. We're closely following along the progress made by Glass and are happy to report that it is receiving a software update that brings with it a bunch of new features. According to Google, the update brings with it a host of changes, including crash reporting.
- Change to sync policy: require power + wifi for background uploads
- Crash reporting
- Incoming G+ notifications (direct shares, comments, +mentions), including ability to comment and +1
- Incoming Hangout notifications
- Transcription of queries & messages is now wicked-fast
- Long-press to search from anywhere in the UI (no longer just from off)
- International number dialing + SMS
- Hop animation on disallowed swipes in the UI
- New On-Head Detection calibration flow
- Show device Serial Number on Device Info card
- More reliable estimation of battery charge remaining
- New recipient-list mosaic
One interesting change worth noting is that background syncing now requires the device to be on a local Wi-Fi network and plugged into power. We imagine this is to increase the rather short battery life, but can't confirm this as the reason. Other notable changes include the addition of Google+ notifications.
If you have an Explorer Edition in your possession, simply plug it into a power source and Google should take care of the rest.
- >> NEXT STORY: RumorTT: Suppler confirms that Apple is working on low-cost iPhone
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Google bringing Fiber to Grandview, Missouri, a city just south of Kansas City