You'd be surprised: Fury X runs pretty damn cool at just 58C. It's the coolest card on my charts next to the just-reviewed ASUS TUF Gaming X3 OC Radeon RX 5700 graphics card with its revised thermal solution. You can read the full review on that here.
But damn, 58C.
AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X might not win performance crowns, but it wins the thermal performance here. Remember, it does have a huge AIO cooler and I'm not a fan (if you'll pardon the pun) of that. I'd rather an air-cooled card for convenience, but the thermal performance here is warranted -- 58C is a stellar achievement.
It's not overly power hungry, but it still sees my Intel Core i7-8700K test bed chewing up to 300W under load. This puts it above the Radeon RX 5700 XT reference card, and just under an overclocked Radeon RX 5700 XT -- but with far less performance.
Last updated: Jun 8, 2020 at 01:46 am CDT
- Page 1 [Introduction & History Lesson on Fiji]
- Page 2 [History Lesson on Fiji]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (Radeon Only)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 1080p (Radeon Only)]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 1440p (Radeon Only)]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 4K (Radeon Only)]
- Page 11 [Temps & Power]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]