Last week, AMD flew out select press to Sonoma, California for its RTG Technology Summit. It was an exciting trip, as it was the first press event for its GPU business now that it sits on its own as Radeon Technologies Group.
The vibe around the place felt very 'ATI 2.0' to me, with RTG referencing that it feels like they've got the band back together. After troubled times throughout the last couple of years, AMD seems to be better positioning itself to not only compete with NVIDIA on a better level but to start ramping things up considerably going into 2016.
RTG had a number of things to talk about, a few of which we can't reveal for a few more weeks yet, but some of the exciting stuff we're allowed to talk about now. This includes DisplayPort 1.3, something that will allow for massive resolutions and refresh rates, HDMI 2.0a, and HDR.
The setting was beautiful, as RTG flew us out to Sonoma, California, which is wine country. It was great, as instead of AMD sitting us down with marketing staff, we had real engineers and incredibly smart people walking us through every part of RTG's grand plans for the future. Where should we begin? Let's kick off with DisplayPort 1.3 and HDMI 2.0a.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - Welcome to Sonoma, California]
- Page 2 [DisplayPort 1.3 Allows For 4K @ 120Hz + 1440p @ 240Hz]
- Page 3 [HDR - RTG says 'We Need More Than Pixels']
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Nintendo Switch refresh rumor: new NVIDIA Tegra SoC, 8GB RAM
- God of War TV commercial trailer builds next months hype
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit