Last week, AMD flew out select press to Sonoma, California for its RTG Technology Summit. It was an exciting trip, as it was the first press event for its GPU business now that it sits on its own as Radeon Technologies Group.
The vibe around the place felt very 'ATI 2.0' to me, with RTG referencing that it feels like they've got the band back together. After troubled times throughout the last couple of years, AMD seems to be better positioning itself to not only compete with NVIDIA on a better level but to start ramping things up considerably going into 2016.
RTG had a number of things to talk about, a few of which we can't reveal for a few more weeks yet, but some of the exciting stuff we're allowed to talk about now. This includes DisplayPort 1.3, something that will allow for massive resolutions and refresh rates, HDMI 2.0a, and HDR.
The setting was beautiful, as RTG flew us out to Sonoma, California, which is wine country. It was great, as instead of AMD sitting us down with marketing staff, we had real engineers and incredibly smart people walking us through every part of RTG's grand plans for the future. Where should we begin? Let's kick off with DisplayPort 1.3 and HDMI 2.0a.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - Welcome to Sonoma, California]
- Page 2 [DisplayPort 1.3 Allows For 4K @ 120Hz + 1440p @ 240Hz]
- Page 3 [HDR - RTG says 'We Need More Than Pixels']
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Fortnite earns $2.4 billion in 2018, tops free-to-play chart
- Free-to-play made 80% of 2018 digital game revenues
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!