Back in my day...
There is currently millions of dollars in prize money being given away spanning multiple titles, countries, tournaments, platforms and events for eSports competitions each year. This is combined with hundreds of different professional gaming teams supporting thousands of full-time gamers in their quests for glory. All of this would be useless without one single thing - the games themselves.
There's something to be said about the passion for eSports titles, it's often as heavy and in-depth as those crazy football fanatics you see on the news, however, there's one major fundamental difference between a gaming title as a sport and 'traditional sport'. Sure, football may have changed some rules over the years, but it's still fundamentally the same game. How much does each and every single game change throughout their releases? It's extremely unlikely that we will see a computer game last hundreds of years - this is both a good and a bad point.
In this article, I will touch on some of the more major points that a game developer must take into account when creating a game with eSports in mind, further linking these points back to current eSport title hits.
If you're sitting there wondering why your favorite game hasn't hit the big stage just yet, this article may be able to shed some light on the situation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Soulcalibur VI trailer reveals Raphael, Prelude to Madness
- Delve into madness with new Call of Cthulhu gameplay trailer
- Diablo III for Switch: confirmed no inclusion of Link gear
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games