Back in my day...
There is currently millions of dollars in prize money being given away spanning multiple titles, countries, tournaments, platforms and events for eSports competitions each year. This is combined with hundreds of different professional gaming teams supporting thousands of full-time gamers in their quests for glory. All of this would be useless without one single thing - the games themselves.
There's something to be said about the passion for eSports titles, it's often as heavy and in-depth as those crazy football fanatics you see on the news, however, there's one major fundamental difference between a gaming title as a sport and 'traditional sport'. Sure, football may have changed some rules over the years, but it's still fundamentally the same game. How much does each and every single game change throughout their releases? It's extremely unlikely that we will see a computer game last hundreds of years - this is both a good and a bad point.
In this article, I will touch on some of the more major points that a game developer must take into account when creating a game with eSports in mind, further linking these points back to current eSport title hits.
If you're sitting there wondering why your favorite game hasn't hit the big stage just yet, this article may be able to shed some light on the situation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ataribox branded as Atari VCS, is a 'connected device'
- God of War is a huge 'epic on Horizon: Zero Dawn's scale'
- Office 2016 Professional Plus CD-Key Global: just $31.50!
- HTC Vive drops to $499 with free Fallout VR
- HTC Vive Pro costs $799, pre-orders now live
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit