At the 2008 Computex event, Intel officially took the curtains off its 4 series PCI Express chipset range which is set to replace the original 3 series of chipsets. Intel's 4 series not only brings Crossfire support to the mainstream, thanks to its ability to run two PCI Express x8 slots for GPUs, but it also adds PCI Express 2.0 to all of its 4 series of chipsets. That's right, even the low-end of the 4 series gets a new PCI Express controller hub.
To this end, we are starting to see quite a few new boards hitting the market and it's good to see. While the 4 series is no revolution on the 3 series, it does upgrade a few features, especially if you're aiming for a dual graphics card system setup. No longer are we stuck with the older 16/4 configuration we had to put up with on the older P35. Now Intel has finally given the all clear to a split 8/8 system; similar to how the 975X was given its Crossfire certification.
Today we have been sent two of the newest members of the 4 series family from ASRock, and they are loaded with features for the home user along with some nice overclocking for the enthusiast. Today we take a look at the ASRock P45R2000-WiFi and the P43R1600Twins-WiFi. How do they stack up? - Come and see with us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 3 [Specifications - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 4 [The Package - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard - P45R2000-WiFi]
- Page 6 [The Package - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 7 [The Motherboard - P43R1600Twins-WiFi]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 9 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 16 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]