Back in October we took at look at three Intel P965 motherboards that we managed to get into our labs.
The Intel P965 chipset has really impressed us in the fact that it may be classed as the "mainstream chipset" compared to the older and more expensive 975X chipset but its features and performance surpass the enthusiast 975X chipset with DDR2-800 memory support, high FSB overclocking potential and now with Crossfire support, its hard to consider a 975X chipset.
We had already planned to do this second part roundup but waiting for all of the motherboards to come into our labs was a bit of a push back affair. After nearly two months of waiting we now have four more boards to put on our chopping blocks - two from Gigabyte, one from ABIT and one from Biostar.
Let's have a look as what we have here as we try and discover what is the ultimate Intel P965 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Gigabyte P965-DS3]
- Page 3 [ABIT AB9 Pro]
- Page 4 [Biostar T Force P965 Deluxe]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte P965-DQ6]
- Page 6 [BIOS and Overclocking - Gigabyte P965-DQ3]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking - ABIT AB9 Pro]
- Page 8 [BIOS and Overclocking - Biostar T Force]
- Page 9 [BIOS and Overclocking - Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]