Overclocking and Power Consumption
Power consumption is really good on the 3700X, whatever AMD said they would do has been done, and even the 12 core 3900X is looking great.
Both CPUs were able to do 4.3GHz all cores with 1.43v, and that is where they hit the thermal limit. We used the stock cooler as well. We set memory to XMP, but we are told by many vendors that over 4GHz on memory is possible on air. These are HUGE improvements upon the previous generation.
AMD's Ryzen Master has been slightly revamped and you can overclock the chiplets independently, and this is where most people will find a better solution.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Cooler]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Performance: Blender, Handbrake, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V & More]
- Page 7 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]