Tyler's Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z370 (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K (buy from Amazon)
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200 (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i (buy from Amazon)
- Case: Corsair Air 540 (buy from Amazon)
- OS Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (buy from Amazon)
- Wi-Fi NIC: ASUS PCE-AC88 (buy from Amazon)
- 10Gbe NIC: ASUS XG-C100C (buy from Amazon)
- Thunderbolt 3: ASUS Thunderbolt EX3 (buy from Amazon)
The setup hasn't changed with Synology; you can use find.synology.com to load up setup from any web browser. After you go through initial steps updating the NAs and installing the latest OS, we land here, on the dashboard. From here, we have icons for Package Center, Control Panel and File Station top left we have the four squares which open up to advanced options and to the far right we have users, search and notifications.
In the control panel, we have file sharing and its options that include users and groups, shared folders and file services. Connectivity helps with quick connect setup, network settings, and security. System offers theme services, power options, and system update and last we have applications that include privileges, indexing, and terminal.
Storage manager gives an overview of disk and volumes creates, to the left we have volumes, storage pools, and SSD cache.
Package center offers a wide range of options to add functionality to the NAS. Synology designed apps include; Download, Audio, Photo and Video station. Down below we have a surveillance station and media server.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology DS1019+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks – Single Client Throughput, Sequential Performance, and Workloads]
- Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best