Packaging and Overview
The box and packaging are very similar to what we see from other GIGABYTE Xtreme motherboards.
The accessory package includes six SATA6Gb/s cables, two temperature probes, RGB LED extension cable, two digital RGB extension cables, G-connector, Aorus Velcro straps, an SLI HB bridge, M.2 screws, WIFI antenna, manuals, and driver DVD.
There are seven fan headers on the motherboard, they are circled in red and are hybrid headers so each operates in DC or PWM mode. There are two external temperature probes included with the motherboard, and they plug into the green headers. The motherboard has a sleek silver, and black and most of the circuitry is covered by large heat sinks. The back of the motherboard has a large metal plate that covers most of the rear of the motherboard for protection and to keep the PCB straight.
The rear IO panel Clear CMOS button, power button, eight USB 3.0 ports, WIFI antenna connectors, two Gbit LAN ports, 10G LAN port, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, and gold plated 7.1 audio ports with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is quite simple as there are so many PCI-E lanes from the CPU that switching of bandwidth is almost non-existent board-wide. The first and third metal reinforced x16 slots offers x16 PCI-E 3.0 full time, while the other two offers x8 PCI-E 3.0 all the time. All M.2 slots are x4 PCI-E and support SATA as well. They all have heat sinks too.
We find six SATA6Gb/s ports on the motherboard, as well as a right-angled PCI-E power connector that will supplement PCI-E power. At the bottom of the motherboard, we find two USB 3.0 internal headers and a POST code display.
At the middle of the motherboard, we find a USB 3.1 type-C header and a Thunderbolt type-C GPIO header for an add-in card. At the top right corner of the motherboard, we see a digital RGB LED header and a normal RGBW header.
At the bottom of the motherboard we find another digital RGB LED header, an RGBW LED header, a BIOS selector switch, a dual BIOS disable switch, and two USB 2.0 internal headers. At the top right corner of the motherboard, we find two 8-pin CPU power connectors.
The heat sinks on this motherboard are well built, use copper direct touch heat pipes, optimized thermal pads, and there are two fans that will cool the metal fins under the IO cover.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X399 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE X399 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X399) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm working on standalone wireless VR headsets
- NVIDIA's new Jetson Nano: entry-level AI computers costs $99
- Paramount wants to see cinemas play new movies at 120FPS
- NVIDIA shows off Quake II with real-time ray tracing tech
- Bethesda promises deep dive into DOOM Eternal at E3 2019
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms