Z390 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued
Audio is pretty straightforward; ASRock uses the ALC1220 and adds an additional amplifier to amplify the front output. The Texas Instruments NE5532 is used for the internal header while the rear IO gets the internal AMP in the codec. ASRock adds some Gold series audio capacitors to improve audio.
The NIC uses an Intel i219v PHY. The rear USB 3.1 ports utilize a dual channel PI3EQX re-driver for both ports along with an ASM1543 for the rear type-C port.
The two USB 3.0 internal headers are provided through an ASMedia ASM1074 hub. There is also an ASM1543 type-C controller used for the internal USB 3.0 port. The Realtek RTD2168 is what makes the VGA port possible on the motherboard.
The main SuperIO is the Nuvoton NCT6791D. A Nuvoton N76E885 is a microcontroller that provides RGB LED capabilities. Each of the RGB headers also has a Texas Instruments E-Fuse.
The motherboard also features dual 128Mbit BIOS ROMs. An ASMedia ASM1442K level shifter makes the HDMI port on the rear IO possible.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z390 Extreme4 (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z390 Extreme4 (Intel Z390) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Extreme4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z390 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z390 Extreme4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5