Z390 Designare Circuit Analysis Continued
The audio solution consists of a Realtek ALC1220 rated up to 120dB, and they added Gold series capacitors and WIMA film capacitors.
We get an i219v PHY for the first Gbit LAN controller and the Intel i211AT for the second. GIGABYTE did a solid and is using Intel's latest Wireless AC 9560 2x2 WIFI chip rated up to 1.733Gbps.
GIGABYTE is using the JHL7640 newer generation Thunderbolt 3 controller, which uses two PCI-E 3.0 lanes and offers two type-C ThunderBolt 3 ports, and features DP 1.4 output. The control these type-C ports and provide proper power delivery negotiation, two Texas Instruments TPS65983 type-C controllers are used, these are part of Intel's reference design.
So typically on Z-series motherboards with Thunderbolt we don't need an external video input since all the CPUs for the platform have an integrated graphics controller with DisplayPort (which is required for Thunderbolt).
However, the integrated graphics only offers DP 1.2, and there are newer KF and K SKUs coming out without integrated graphics. So GIGABYTE has added a Texas Instruments HD3SS215 DP differential switch, so users can use Thunderbolt 3 even without an iGPU and get a DP 1.4 input from an external GPU. The front panel type-C internal header uses a Pericom PI3EQX re-driver for native USB 3.1 and a Texas Instruments HD3220 type-C switch.
The rear USB 3.1 type-A ports each get a PI3EQX re-driver for chipset's native USB 3.1.
There is a Realtek RTS5411 USB 3.0 hub on the motherboard for the rear IO ports, and there is also a Realtek based power system for the two DAC-UP ports, so you can control the power to those two ports. The Realtek IT8688E is used as the main SuperIO on the motherboard.
An NXP level shifter is used to provide an HDMI output on the rear IO panel. The motherboard Has six PCI-E quick switches to move PCI-E bandwidth between the three PCI-E x16 slots, you will notice two of these quick switches are made by Pericom instead of ASMedia, and that's because Pericom's product is a 3:1 mux/demux, so it can offer different sources for the bandwidth.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z390 Designare (Intel Z390) Motherboard Preview retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z390 Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z390 Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 'The More the Merrier' event
- Nintendo showcase top indie titles, 'Indie Highlights' video
- Leak: Mortal Kombat 11 for Switch scheduled for May 10 debut
- Fry Cry New Dawn story trailer - 'The Father' is now an ally
- Metro Exodus has transforming guns
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Introducing The Olympus OM-D E-M1X Offering Unrivaled Speed And System Mobility
- Frontline Workers Frequently Turn to Unapproved Messaging Apps for Work-Related Communications, Unbeknownst to HR
- Tactical Guild Management 'Guilds of Delenar' Coming to Steam Early Access in March
- Nokia to publish fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 report on January 31, 2019
- Miasma Caves Explores Steam Early Access Today