The Z390 Designare shows us the goods with the heat sinks removed!
The VRM is a large 12+1 phase VRM consisting of 50A Vishay SiC634 DrMOS for the CPU phases and a single SiC620 60A DrMOS for the iGPU. It is controlled by an Intersil ISL69138 digital PWM controller in 6+1 phase mode, and six ISL6617 doublers are used to balance phase currents between each set of doubled phases.
The doublers are in synchronous mode, so a PWM readout would look like a large 6-phase VRM instead of a 12-phase one, so the doublers are used exclusively to balance the current between pairs of phases. The design compromise was made on these boards to improve transient response. On GIGABYTE's IR-based Z390 VRMs, the PWM readout would look like a 12-phase VRM because of IR's transient algorithms, so asynchronous mode is engaged on this board. Either way, the VRMs are very nice.
The VCCSA and VCCIO are controlled by Richtek RT8120 single phase PWMs with integrated drivers, and they control some miniature On Semiconductor PowerPAKs labeled "4C06". The memory VRM uses the same Richtek PWMs, but with larger On Semiconductor "4C06N" N-channel PowerPAKs in a two low single high configuration.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z390 Designare Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z390 Designare Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z390 Designare Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Capcom makes Street Fighter V go free-to-play for 2 weeks
- PlayStation's 'Raising Kratos' is a God of War documentary
- Assassin's Creed Unity review-bombed for Notre-Dame support
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks
- Match Three Pirates! Heir to Davy Jones Now Available on Steam!