Excellent VRM: We found that EVGA didn't spare expenses when it comes to their Z370 Classified K motherboard, and that's excellent news considering many other vendors have skimped a bit over time when it comes to Intel's Z370 chipset. We found IR digital PWM controllers and fully integrated DrMOS, which are solid for this platform.
Creative Audio: We don't find Creative's audio chipset on many motherboards these days, but this motherboard uses the Core3Di audio controller with the proper hardware to support it.
Well engineered: EVGA engineered the Z370 Classified K very well, from using better PWM controllers to using re-drivers and the like where we didn't expect them. They even left some room near the auxiliary power pin so you will be able to install the connector in a tight case.
Aesthetics: We really like the look and feel of the motherboard. It uses a basic, no-nonsense shield over the VRM heat sinks, and it doesn't scream cheesy, but instead, it screams quality.
Could use a UEFI OC Guide: The X299 Dark came with a detailed OC guide, and we would have liked to see the same with the Z370 Classified K, but if you know your stuff you should be okay.
One thing we really liked about the X299 Dark motherboard was the guide that is online and written by EVGA's "TiN", and we would have liked the same attention to detail on this motherboard, especially because of its "Classified" lineage. However, while the BIOS is a bit different than what you might be used too, you will still be able to find all the settings you need to overclock a "K-SKU" CPU.
We really liked the level of quality or attention to detail that went into this motherboard, and while it might not be as extreme as some previous classified motherboards, it still holds its own in that regards. If you are looking for a well-built Z370 motherboard with a solid VRM, the latest features, and excellent attention to detail, give the Z370 Classified K a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with quality parts and superb features, the EVGA Z370 Classified K is an excellent choice for those who want quality for their hard-earned dollars.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 Classified K Overview]
- Page 3 [EVGA Z370 Classified K Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [EVGA Z370 Classified K Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda promises deep dive into DOOM Eternal at E3 2019
- Valve boss Gabe Newell talks about Halo coming to the PC
- Master Chief Collection on PC won't support Play Anywhere
- NVIDIA unlocks ray tracing on some GeForce GTX series cards
- Master Chief Collection PC beta tests announced
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Ring of Elysium Unlocks Pinnacle Challenges
- LG OLED TV Brings Home iF Gold Award For Design Excellence
- Electrifying 3v3 Asymmetrical Shooter Aftercharge Premieres New Characters at the Indie Megabooth during PAX East
- VIPER GAMING attends PAX EAST 2019 with New Gaming Products
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!