Packaging and Overview
Packaging is basic, and to the point, as this is a value-centric motherboard, we will treat it as such.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
BIOSTAR put five fan headers on the motherboard, and they all seem to be PWM mode fans, meaning they will work best with 4-pin fans. The headers do offer SMART fan control through the UEFI or Biostar's Windows program. The motherboard utilizes a matte black PCB, which is surprising as most of the time we find brownish PCBs in this price region. The black on black aesthetics are what most people want in a motherboard in this price range, and that is what Biostar is delivering. The back of the motherboard is bare, which is good, we find some solder strips on the back of where the VRM MOSFETs are, they should help lower VRM temperatures a few degrees.
The rear IO panel features a PS/2 keyboard port, two USB 2.0 ports, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, two USB 3.0 ports, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The top PCI-E slot operates at PCI-E 3.0 x16, and it's directly connected to the PCH. The second x16 PCI-E slot is routed to the PCH and runs at x4 PCI-E 3.0. If you use either the 2nd or 3rd PCI-E x1 slot, the second x16 slot will shift down to x2 PCI-E 3.0. The last x16 slot is x4 and shares all of its bandwidth with the M.2 slot above it. The bottom M.2 slot with the heat sink is the one rated for x4 PCI-E 3.0.
The top M.2 slot is rated PCI-E x2 instead of x4, and it supports SATA based M.2 drives. It shares its bandwidth with SATA3_1. The motherboard also offers up six SATA6Gb/s ports from the PCH.
We find an 8-pin CPU power plug on the motherboard. At the top right corner of the motherboard, we find two RGB LED headers.
Front panel headers are found in the lower right corner of the PCB. We also find our BIOS ROM selector, and a clear CMOS header near the headers. The motherboard also offers up two USB 2.0 internal headers and one USB 3.0 internal header.
The motherboard uses push-pins to secure the VRM heat sink to the motherboard, it seems contact pressure is pretty good.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo eShop Cyber deals, great picks-ups, cheap prices
- Dragon Ball FighterZ feature trailer debut, learn to fight!
- New Battlefront II trailer: Obi-Wan vs General Grievous
- Steam Award Nominations/Steam Autumn sale now live
- Smash Ultimate Director reveals title development details
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ايبرنا ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) ثلاجات
- olloclip Introduces Add-On Lens Clips for Apple's Newest iPhones
- ROCCAT celebrates website relaunch with fantastic deals
- QNAP Launches the Mustang-200 Computing Accelerator Card
- Manli announces GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & GeForce RTX 2070
- Stunning New Character Strikes Her Way into DEAD OR ALIVE 6