Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption
System power is measured at the wall with an AC power meter.
Note on Thermal Images: In the temperature section, we use our Seek thermal imaging camera to capture the surface temperatures of major components on the board.
I look at the VRM and then all other things that light up the screen. If there is something to worry about, then I will state it. Otherwise, I will just show the hotter running parts of the board for fun. Unless some component is over 80-90C, then there isn't anything to worry about.
All systems will act differently, so I will look for commonalities, such as how far from the VRM the heat spreads through the PCB and the difference in temperature between the front side and backside of the PCB.
Keep in mind, the majority of the heat from the VRM goes into the PCB as it is a giant soldered on copper heat sink. A lower temperature on the front of the PCB points towards a more effective heat sink.
Thermal Testing at Stock Speeds:
The image on the left is always at idle, and the image on the right is at load. During ALL TESTS, fans above the VRM that cool the CPU cooler's (Corsair H110i) radiator are turned on to high (12v).
Up-close of the front of the VRM.
Up-close of the back of the VRM.
The H370M-ITX/AC's VRM is very good and will handle pretty much any CPU in a mini-ITX system. Anything under 60C is great, 60-80C is acceptable, and anything above 80C is a bit worrisome (if at stock).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Monster Hunter: World expansion Iceborne announced
- Witcher 3's Geralt comes to Monster Hunter: World
- Obsidian's The Outer Worlds won't have microtransactions
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- This is about an Asus X541N laptop
- H61 Ivy Bridge upgrade issue
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC