Installation and Finished Product
Ensuring that all of the sliding mount points are at their most inward position for LGA115X mounting, we set it onto the back of the motherboard. With the studs aligned with the holes around the socket, it drops into place, but you need to keep a hand on the back plate when flipping the board over, or it will fall out.
The next thing to do is to grab the correct standoffs for use with the back plate and screw them into the backplate. Before we get to the next image, it is a great time to apply thermal paste. However, since it comes with pre-applied paste, you can go right ahead and move to the head unit installation.
Locking down the head unit with the four knurled nuts is easy to do. They also have Phillip's heads on the top, so that they can be tightened down until the threads stop. Also notice that the head unit stays confined to the socket, and does not block RAM slots or encroach on anything else around the CPU.
Once we had the head unit installed, we then put the radiator at the top of the D-Frame Chassis. We find the H150i PRO RGB to have plenty of length in the tubes as not to make things awkward when installing the radiator. Another thing worth mentioning is that both sides of the radiator have the Corsair name and logo in the center of it, which is a chromed plastic sticker applied to it.
Once we had some power to the cooler, we get to enjoy the RGB lighting offered in the head unit. As seen here, not only does the name and logo get backlit, but the ring near the outside edge is also illuminated. While we see purple right now, any color of the spectrum is possible, along with modes of RGB LED light.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The CORSAIR HYDRO Series H150i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 360mm Radiator, Triple 120mm ML Series PWM Fans, Advanced RGB Lighting and Fan Software Control retails for $169.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- I am a little OCD b450m pro4 temperature sensors
- Is the X399M Taichi discontinued or something?
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct